Corporate Social Responsibility
According to the Green Paper on Corporate Social Responsibility (European Commission, 2001), “Corporate social responsibility” is defined as “the concept according to which companies voluntarily integrate social and environmental considerations into their business activities and their contacts with other stakeholders, as they realize that responsible behavior leads to sustainable business success”. (Source: Hellenic Network for Corporate Social Responsibility)
Our company, with many years of presence in the city center of Thessaloniki, is a company inextricably linked to society as well as the environment in which it operates. Fully respecting the principles and values of our culture, we have adopted good practices based on respect for people and the environment and aiming to improve the standard of living and the quality of life as well as the sustainability of the business
Just some of these practices include:
- Plastic recycling. By recycling plastic bottles and packaging, we significantly reduce the volume of waste, protecting the environment.
- Paper and metal recycling: Paper packaging and metal equipment are systematically recycled.
- Electronic devices recycling: In order to reduce environmental pollution, we recycle the devices we no longer use. Thus, we avoid the burden on the environment from dangerous substances contained in them, while at the same time usable materials, such as metals, glass and plastic, are recovered and reused in the production process of new products.
- Recycling of used oils for reuse in industrial production. Connected with a wide network of partners in Greece and Cyprus, we recycle the used oils taking care of the environment and the Greek seas.
- Installation of state-of-the-art heating, cooling and ventilation systems. The necessary step to significantly reduce our environmental footprint. This way we reduce the pollutants released into the atmosphere. At the same time, monthly cleaning of ventilation equipment creates a healthier working environment.
In addition, we are particularly sensitive to issues concerning vulnerable social groups and people with special needs. For this reason, we collect the caps from the plastic bottles and make them available to a special provider with the aim of providing a wheelchair for people with mobility problems. We also provide free meals to organizations that protect vulnerable groups, such as the Greek Red Cross.